TSU Wi-Fi Access Change
For network security reasons, Texas Southern University’s open wireless networks TSU-Student and TSU-Resnet will be closed mid-June, with an official date to be announced. All Student, Faculty, and Staff will be required to login to the existing TSU-NET.
To access Texas Southern University’s wireless network after the change, the following steps are required:
- Students accessing Wi-Fi on campus, dorms, and apartments will login to Wi-Fi via TSU-NET using the same credentials to login to MyTsuWeb portal and campus computers.
- Faculty and Staff accessing Wi-Fi on campus, dorms, and apartments will login to Wi-Fi via TSU-NET using the same credentials to login to TSU email.
- TSU Visitors who need to connect to the TSU-Guest Wi-Fi can request access from the TSU Service Center at 713-313-4357.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Why is Texas Southern University changing its wireless log in process?
To improve network security and expand the instructional resources available to students, faculty, and staff via our TSU-NET.
I teach in a computer classroom – how will this impact me and my students?
Instead of connecting to the TSU-Student wireless network – Faculty, staff and students need to connect to the TSU-NET using their credentials.
We have a visitor who needs to connect to our wireless network, what should they do?
Contact the IT Service Center to request a temporary visitor account. You will need to provide the visitor’s name and the timeframe of the visit. The Service Center agent will provide you with the visitor’s temporary login credentials.
How will Texas Southern University College students be notified of the change?
We are following a comprehensive communication plan to notify students. Communications are ongoing throughout the implementation.
- Notify Deans, Department Heads, and other stakeholders
- Email communications to students, faculty and staff
- Create notifications via MyTSUweb portal and Blackboard
- Distribute flyers and posters across campus
What can I expect from the IT Service Center during this change?
This change impacts everyone that accesses the TSU-Student wireless network. The IT Service Center will be available to make the transition as smooth as possible.
Get IT Help!
For assistance or questions, contact the IT Service Center at 713-313-HELP (4357) or submit a ticket request at http://ITServiceCenter.tsu.edu.